The Importance of Drying a Floor Properly Part 2
A small, undetected water leak from a water heater created a huge and very noticeable problem for a family in Greer, SC. They called the company that installed the water heater, and they fixed the leak, but only dried above the floor in the water heater closet. Months later the flooring in several rooms was cupping, and the flooring was replaced less than a year ago! When SERVPRO of East Greenville County inspected the floor, we found that moisture had caused the subfloor to warp and mold to grow in certain areas of the home. The impacts on the subfloor spread across the home including the hallway that was on the opposite side of the house. So even the flooring there had to be removed and drying equipment placed.